Strategies for Learning
The school implements a variety of strategies to influence learning outcomes and help students achieve their maximum potential. All approaches have proved effective and resulted in students’ academic improvement and high class averages in all subjects throughout the years.
Teachers employ the following learning strategies on a daily basis.
- Strong commitment by teachers to help students learn well.
- High expectations for all students to achieve well.
- Supportive classroom environment and effective classroom control.
- Warm-ups, and questions leading to interesting and controversial discussions.
- Training in the mechanics of problem solving and decision-making.
- Extensive drilling in concept application.
- Use of co-operative learning and team work, formal and informal instruction, whole group and small group instruction, pairs, trial error and experimentation.
- Linking curriculum content to contemporary and futuristic issues.
- Re-scheduling time for mastery of curriculum content.
- Daily re-teaching and remedial sessions.
- Extrinsic incentives, competitions, praise, material rewards, activity rewards and certificates honoring effort, improved or good performance.
- Continuous assessments to utilize students’ potential and maximize academic performance and gain.
The school provides regular instruction in the academic subjects listed below, in addition to weekly sessions in Art, Music and PE.
|Arabic (for native Arabic speakers)|