- All applicants will undergo an assessment with an admission’s officer.
- Students applying to KG will undertake an oral exam in English.
- All students will conduct face-to-face interviews with the School Principal (if requested).
- Parents could be asked to complete a parent interview with the School Principal.
- Once a parent application has been submitted, an admission’s representative will respond within 24 hours.
- Parents will receive test results from admissions/teachers within 1-2 working days
- The outcome will be communicated to the parents within 1-5 working days
Please note from KG2-Grade 8, grade-level placement depends on the child’s age, current
curriculum and grade level, and academic ability within their grade level.
All applications from KG1 onwards will be expected to demonstrate an acceptable level of fluency in English to be eligible for admission. During the intake process, if language proficiency appears to be an issue, the applicant will be given recommendations and the opportunity to return for a reassessment of language growth (after an agreed upon amount of time).
MAS understands that some students may not be able to demonstrate a grade-level mastery of the English language. An assessment of the applicants’ level of fluency in English may result in recommendations for the applicant to partake in intensive external language proficiency programs to be eligible for reassessment and admission, or the applicant may be required to enroll in the school’s EAL program.
At Mirdif American School the goal of our inclusionary practice is that all children have the opportunity to experience learning and socialization in a classroom with their peers. Children’s barriers to learning are considered and support services are in place to give all children individualized paths to success. The admissions process for a Student of Determination will include a brief behavioral and academic assessment as well as a parent interview to determine possible need for learning support. Parents will be asked to sign a conditional contract for support which may be modified after an adequate time of transition into a new school and new environment.